I'm back in Atlanta ! The land of 2chainz, purple afros and great sweet potato pancakes!! Amen. I was thinking, NYC kinda beat me up a lil bit... but I survived. So I began to reflect ...
The Top ten things I've learned about NYC
10. MOVE!!!!! If you don't move fast and with purpose you will miss everything!
-- You will miss your train, your chance to order food, your chance to cross the street, your chance to get in the door and even your chance to succeed.
9. THERE ARE WAAAAY TOO MANY SMELLS!
- This doesnt need explanation but if the scent of a gyro, mixed with Racoon toe has hit you while walking in NYC you know what I mean.
--I have learned that psychosis is just a state of mind... the guy who was staring at me but talking to NO ONE next to him , because NO ONE was next to him was completely harmless. I was the only clutching my purse!
--couples counseling occurs late Saturday night. Alcohol and an emotional woman who feels her relationship hasn't moved on to marriage just yet are the perfect mix for a healthier relationship!
Oh yeah , especially when she yelling to the top of her lungs and he tries to become invisible.
7. NO ONE HAS TIME TO HEAR YOUR SOB STORY
-- I was lost and just needed direction on my 6 block walk to work. So I go an explain that i was lost to a guy that saw my frustration but with 3 words too many he lost interest and kept walking! SMH
6. BODEGAS ARE AN EXCUSE NOT TO HAVE A REAL GROCERY STORE WITHIN A DECENT DISTANCE!!!!
--I was sooooo hungry some nights. The bodega that sold butter crunch cookies, Now&Laters and canned food ...oh and one banana is supposed to be nurishment for a neighborhood?? I was in Harlem and Tradewr Joes was on the Upper West side !!
-- I found myself bumping into everyone but I was the only one to say excuse me... I got over it in a week. the next thing I know I was walking faster and they were in my way! Bwahahaha
4. SOME PEOPLE WILL CALL BAD FASHION EXPRESSION
--I'm just saying yall! Combat boots, daisy dukes, an old Bill Cosby sweater with the leather patches and thick frames glasses...SMH... I can't tell a brother what to wear.
3.THE FOOD TRUCK IS KING!!!!!!!!!!!
2. BRUNCH IS A SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE
--Brunch is the to do everywhere but I have no words on how a whole city will find a way to be out to brunch at the same time.
1. BIG BIRD CAN HIDE OUT IN NYC AND FEEL SAFE
--After the debate... I got ya back Big Bird... you will blend-in in NYC.